NECA finds new placements for Hastie Group apprentices

Thursday, 31 May, 2012

The National Electrical and Communications Association (NECA) has found new placements for 60 out of 80 apprentices that had been placed with the Hastie Group. NECA said it was able to place the majority of apprentices with other electrical contractors within 48 hours of Hastie Group’s collapse, ensuring they did not lose any pay or entitlements.

“The collapse of the Hastie Group is a big blow to the electrical industry in Australia and we are pleased that we were able to play our part in helping to soften the blow by finding alternative companies for the apprentices,” said NECA’s CEO, James Tinslay.

“These apprentices are part of the future of Australia’s electrical industry and at NECA we are committed to ensuring the industry continues to benefit from a steady flow of well-trained and qualified electricians.”

NECA said the remaining apprentices should be placed by Friday.

Related News

ETU responds to Budget

The Electrical Trades Union has responded positively to the federal Budget, highlighting wins...

Electrician fined $15K for bullying and sexual harassment

The Victorian electrical contractor repeatedly engaged in inappropriate sexual behaviour towards...

WA network operator slapped with $220K fine

Western Power has been fined for actions that caused two people to receive electric shocks and...


  • All content Copyright © 2025 Westwick-Farrow Pty Ltd